As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
This policy, together with any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. The information we collect from your visit is anonymised.
1. Information we collect from you
This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using google analytics or small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.Social Media platforms
Social media platforms, in most cases, are operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.Contact Form
When you use our contact form to communicate with us, you provide us with your personal data. We use this data to provide a service or answer an inquiry.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
Your e-mail address is used to confirm your reservation. We also keep you informed of the status of the reservation by e-mail. We may send you further e-mails in relation to quality surveys, special offers and events if you have consented to this at the point of reservation.
Gift ShopWhile you visit our site, if we operate a gift shop, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed;
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and Postage;
- Postage address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate Postage before you place an order, and send you the order;
- Send you information about your account and order;
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints;
- Process orders and prevent fraud;
- Set up your account for our store;
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes;
- Improve our store offerings;
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them;
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for many years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and Postage addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has accessMembers of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and Postage information;
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share the information you provide us with payment gateways to process your payment and with postage providers to deliver your goods.
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
2. Uses made of the information
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy.
- Your e-mail address is used to confirm your reservation. We also keep you informed of the status of the reservation by e-mail. We may send you further e-mails in relation to quality surveys, special offers and events if you have consented to this at the point of reservation.
3. Disclosure of your informationWe will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
4. Where we store your personal dataAll information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’ servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including and without limitation:
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
5. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you please write to us using this contact form: Contact Kebabish Edinburgh.
128 Dalry Road
Edinburgh EH11 2EZ
0131 337 3371